The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Ohio River at Portsmouth
* from Friday afternoon to late Saturday night.
* At 10 AM the stage was 46.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 50 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river will rise above flood stage by early Friday afternoon and continue to rise to near 50.5 feet by early Saturday morning. The river will fall below flood stage by Saturday evening.
* At stages near 51 feet, Low-lying flooding occurs along the southern border of Scioto County, as well as in South Portsmouth. Much of Portsmouth itself is protected by flood walls.
National Weather Service Wilmington OH
538 AM EDT Thu Apr 5 2018
…The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers…
Scioto River at Circleville
Scioto River at Piketon
Big Darby Creek at Darbyville
The Flood Warning continues for
The Scioto River at Piketon
* until Saturday evening.
* At 5 AM the stage was 24.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 20 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* The river will continue rising to near 25.1 feet by this evening. The
river will fall below flood stage Saturday afternoon.
* At stages near 25.0 feet, flooding of several low-lying roads occurs,
and backwater flooding poses serious problems in Pike and Scioto